Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Deer Hunting

I had the opportunity yesterday afternoon to start the deer season hunting from John's new elevated deer stand. It was a very nice day, not too warm or cold. I saw about a dozen deer (buck and does) between 4:30 and 5:30 pm. I didn't shoot any of them even though I had my sights on several. Being the first day, I wanted to observe rather than shoot the first thing I saw. Deer love to play when they think they are safe. Being so far up (30'+) in the deer stand it was easy to view from at least two different directions the various deer. The buck was a medium size four point by himself walking up the shooting lane. He sniffed the pumpkin I had put down, but wasn't too impressed. He was drawn instead to the apple cores I had thrown out the window.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment