Saturday, April 13, 2013

Adding Insult to Injury

Alright, I have had about enough! (Gee...that sounded just like my Mom when I was a kid). It's not bad enough that it's been raining the last five days, ol' Mother Nature got bored I guess, and decided to see what else she could dump on us.

I awoke to 2" of teeny, tiny ice pellets on the ground. Not snow. ICE. Not only that, but everything else was covered in a sheet of ice. Good grief! If Mother Nature thinks for one minute I'm going to promise not to go away again in the winter, she's due for a rude awakening. I'll show her! Just give me a sec, I'll think of something...

Broken branches


Maple tree buds weren't even safe







4 comments:

  1. Hard to believe, isn't it? What a difference from last year at this time to this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is, Melissa. Looking back in my journal, last year on this date I had noted 52 degress at 5am. And a couple days later I was rototilling the garden. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring rules! Never fear. It will change shortly! How is Patty? Is Sarah showing her lots of good tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment, Mary. Patty is a little pistol; all over the place and into everything. She refuses to calm down like Sarah. I've had to keep Pepper and Patty separate from the others until Patty puts on a little more size. I will be posting photos of her shortly.

    ReplyDelete