Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Funny

Just a line to say I am living
     That I am not among the dead
Though I am getting more forgetful
     And more mixed up in the head!

For sometimes I cannot remember
     When I stand at the foot of the stairs
If I must go up for something
     Or I have just come down from there!

And before the fridge so often
     My poor mind is filled with doubt
Have I just put food away - or
     Have I come to take some out!

And there is time when it is dark out
     With my night cap on my head
I do not know if I am retiring
     Or just getting out of bed.

So if it's my turn to write you
     There is no need in getting sore
I think that I have written
     And do not want to be a bore!

So remember - I do love you
     And I wish that you were here
But now it's nearly mail time
     So I must say "Goodbye dear".

There I stood beside the mailbox
     With a face so very red!
Instead of mailing your letter
     I had opened it instead!!!

- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment