Thursday, February 14, 2013
Thought For Thursday - Landers
They say Valentine's day is for lovers. It could also be for couples who woke up today on each other's nerves. Because if they really think about it, I bet they could find something they really like about the each other.
The following "Twelve Rules for a Happy Marriage" is from an Ann Landers column from many years ago.
1. Never both be angry at once.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. Yield to the wishes of the other as an exercise in self-discipline, if you can't think of a better reason.
4. If you have a choice between making yourself or your mate look good - choose your mate.
5. If you feel you must criticize, do so lovingly.
6. Never bring up a mistake of the past.
7. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
8. Never let the day end without saying at least one complimentary thing to your life partner.
9. Never meet without an affectionate greeting.
10. When you've made a mistake, talk it out and ask for forgiveness.
11. Remember, it takes two to make an argument. The one who is wrong is the one who will be doing most of the talking.
12. Never go to bed mad.