In my world green is an important color. To me it means warmth. It means there is life after snow and cold. It means I can get out and play in the dirt.
Throughout the centuries green has played an important role in just about every aspect of human life. An insightful look at Wikipedia.org revealed some interesting facts about the color green:
- In the middle ages social rank and profession were often denoted by clothing color. Merchants wore green.
- In the 18th and 19th centuries the Romantic Movement was represented by green in literature and art.
- In Medieval times green represented love, and young women who were unmarried wore green clothing.
- In the US, ever since 1861 the color green has been used on the back of the dollar bill. Not only was it used to deter counterfeiters, but green did not show through the thin paper of banknotes leaving the faces on the front clear.
Here are some other roles that are represented by the color green:
- Nature, plants, environment, springtime, growth, regeneration, rebirth, life, renewal, freshness, hope
- Money, Emeralds, Jade
- Good health, vigor, vivacity
- Safety, permission, system on, go
- Restful color (suggested for bedrooms), reduce fatigue
- Inexperience, immaturity
- Political symbol, flags
If it was up to me, every day in my world would consist of green, blue, yellow and everything in between except WHITE!
- Gambling, sports, camouflage
- Religion, holidays
- Monsters, dragons, fairies
- Poison, misfortune, nausea, sickness
- Envy, jealousy
Okay, Readers, if you had to claim a color to represent your world, what would it be?